LearnHub

How can i improve my sense of humor?????? (Discussion)

gauravjain26 saidMon, 25 Aug 2008 16:01:42 -0000 ( Link )

:( … how to improve sense AND humor?

Actions
Vote
Current Rating
Rate Up
Rate Down
No Votes
  1. oLahav saidTue, 26 Aug 2008 13:04:09 -0000 ( Link )

This is actually interesting- is sense of humour something you’re born with, or develop?

I actually believe you’re born with it, but you can improve it by learning more jokes (or watching good sitcoms). I think the most important thing in a sense of humour is being able to look at the funny side of even the most annoying things… if you practice at it, you’ll feel much better about the world.

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    3 Total Votes

Post Comments

2. rkmittal saidTue, 26 Aug 2008 13:20:58 -0000 ( Link )

true, but he wants to improve his ‘sense AND humour’ and not ‘sense of humour’, as i understand from his question!

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    No Votes

Post Comments

3. acrosstheuniverse saidTue, 26 Aug 2008 16:29:11 -0000 ( Link )

I think in order to have sense and be funny is see the literal meanings behind things and having the ability to take them and twist them into sarcasm or make a pun out of words or phrases. Such as a phrase like “Insomnia, what a snore!”. In order to really understand the humour behind that you need to have the sense behind what insomnia is and then have the ability to turn it into a joke by association. That’s just my little piece of advice!

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    2 Total Votes

Post Comments

4. gauravjain26 saidTue, 26 Aug 2008 17:54:36 -0000 ( Link )

AH!! I am trying to understand….

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Still trying :
    S

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

5. bubka saidMon, 13 Oct 2008 04:29:51 -0000 ( Link )

I personally think you can improve your sense of humour by reading. Read Dickens – the master of them all. Read P. G. Wodehouse – farce virtuoso. Read Mark Twain, Ogden Nash, Arthru Conan Doyle, Douglas Adams. And surprisingly today, in the internet, there is plenty of written material which displays a very subtle variety of humour – but of course, you must first develop the eye for them. The more you read, the more you imbibe the essence of humour. And not only reading humourous pieces – whatever you read, it makes you wiser, it enriches you, makes you think, and it all contributes to your sense of humour. But of course, you must keep your mind sharp too – that’s very necessary for developing a dazzling wit. And keep the ethics in mind – as someone once said – humour is the ability to laugh at oneself; you must learn that in order to be a good humorist.

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

6. Ishita-16 saidSun, 02 Nov 2008 08:56:29 -0000 ( Link )

Doint worry just try to be in a jovious mood and never take the jokes seriously but dont even hurt someone by just cracking a joke on them .
    So its not difficult to be humurous but you need to be carefull.
    Remember that humuor is created by God himself within every human we just need to use it…………………………………..
    Best of luck………………………………………….I wish to hear a jokew from you soon……………………………

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    No Votes

Post Comments

7. Shouldice saidFri, 07 Nov 2008 21:32:39 -0000 ( Link )

I have to agree with those who have said read. To increase your sense as you said you need to increase your realm of experience – read more books, watch more movies. This way you will find out what is going on in other areas culturally and this will broaden your sense. To increase your humour you will need to have the ability to apply your newly broadened sense in unique ways to different situations. This can sometimes be tricky, Watching movies and reading books will help you identify when it is appropriate to cast something in a humourous light. In short the best way to develop your sense and humour or even sense of humour is to get outside and experience life….oh and watch kids, they have great sense and humour for they have not yet been nurtured to be polite.

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

8. Stof saidSat, 29 Nov 2008 23:42:15 -0000 ( Link )

Also understand that everyone has a unique style. Some people’s styles are appreciated broadly, others more narrowly. Try to understand what your style is and play to that. It’ll feel the most natural to you, and those who hear your humour will enjoy it more as it will feel less contrived. Once you’re enjoying this, the start to branch out a bit and broaden to grow to enjoy more other styles.

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

9. sakibanda saidFri, 20 Aug 2010 19:04:55 -0000 ( Link )

Here is my piece of advice…

Just feel good… See how beautiful the world… How fortunate you are… How happy people are …

Try to be happy always.

If you can laugh at your jokes anyone will sure laugh at it.

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

10. gmalvar saidThu, 25 Aug 2011 09:24:18 -0000 ( Link )

for me its an intinc you can learn it but you can only be an average ones.. comapare to those who have it naturally. :))

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

11. rajmohan1981 saidFri, 08 Feb 2013 10:18:46 -0000 ( Link )

I think people who are sad and natural can be very humerous…who dont try to impress anyone…In few day they become very humerous

Actions
    Vote
    Current Rating
    Rate Up
    Rate Down
    1 Total Vote

Post Comments

Your Response
Textile is Enabled (View Reference)